If your primary goal is to lose weight, try these serving suggestions to get you started and adjust to what will work for you. I don’t count calories or macro-nutrients that often, but these guidelines might help you get a general ball park when you first start: Less than 20g of Carbohydrate; 70g of Protein or less; Fat to satisfaction via animal flesh and other whole foods such as avocado, added fat to vegetables, and added fat when you eat lean protein.
Here is what I typically eat in one day in one meal:
Sautéed Veg Medley with Meat
- 1/4 Pound of Ground Beef or 6oz Salmon
- 2oz of Beef Liver
- Handful of baby spinach
- 5 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 Bag (5oz) of frozen Broccoli
- 1/4 to 1/2 Container (2oz – 4oz) fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 to 1/2 a lime worth of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Green Onion
- Salt and Onion Powder for Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- Quasi Deviled Eggs: 3x Boiled Eggs split in half with salt, cayenne pepper, and small sliver of butter on top
- Avocado cut in chunks with salt sprinkled on
If your goal is to use up body fat, then you may wish to stop with around the same amount of food that is described above. These are some of the sides I add on to a meal because I’m trying to maintain my body fat percentage rather than reduce it further:
- 1/3 peanut butter mixed with 2/3 coconut oil used as a dip for carrots or to mix 1/2 cup of frozen berries with.
- Boiled vegetables salted and strained mixed with about 1/3 stick of butter per 10oz bag of frozen vegetables.
Check out Quick Guide with Sample Meal for more details on how and why I eat certain foods and a cooking video.
Check out my complete grocery list to learn more about all the various foods I buy.